Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Faculty Perspective

Meet Andrea Devenney, Nursery 2 Faculty Member 

"I am so glad to be part of a community that allows me to do what I love!" 


"While I have been teaching for 17 years in early childhood, seven of which were in a Montessori classroom, this is my first year at Holy Child Academy.  

"I graduated from Cabrini University with a degree in early childhood and elementary education and earned a master’s degree in curriculum and instruction from Grand Canyon University. In summer 2017, I attended a Montessori workshop at Chestnut Hill College.
Andrea Devenney, Holy Child Academy Nursery 2 faculty member, engages with students during a STEAM activity. 

"It is one of my strongest beliefs that each student deserves an atmosphere that is safe, nurturing and provides stimulants in which to flourish emotionally, academically, physically and socially. It is important that each student feel that he/she is a valued member of the group. I strive to provide each student with the encouragement he/she needs to succeed in their academic journey. For students to construct knowledge, they need the opportunity to discover on their own and practice skills in authentic situations. Giving students access to hands-on activities and allowing sufficient time and space to use materials that support the lesson being studied creates an opportunity for individual discovery and construction of knowledge to occur.


"It is my role as an educator to provide situations, which allow risk taking as the information is presented and explored. Teaching provides a continual learning, growing and self-discovery within me. I am passionate about teaching, learning and influencing the lives of others. My hope, as an educator, is to constantly offer an environment that is challenging, safe and inspires students to work hard to achieve their goals.
     
"Nursery 2 is a new and exciting time for families and their children. It is a time of change and new beginnings filled with new friends, new surroundings, new skills and new challenges! Together, with the parents, we shape a child’s academic future at HCA."  

Read Mrs. Devenney's Nursery 2 blog 

No comments:

Post a Comment